Monday 29 April 2013

Nails, Nails, Nails


bored and don't know what to do?! There's always one thing to keep you occupied and you have a blank canvas to be as creative as wild as you like on, and that's your nails! Be it finger or toe nails, painting them can keep you occupied and you definitely feel happier when they're looking prim and proper.

But then what can you do with your nails? I can imagine a lot of you have an extremely large collection of nails polishes, (I sure do). This was a while ago but when I couldn't decide on one colour for my nails I just did them every colour, but they look pretty nifty. Ice cream colour galore!



More recently I have ventured into doing ombre nails as they're pretty easy to do and the end result is brilliant! Here are two attempts at it,





Above is when I went a bit crazy on my obsession with all things ginger, but ombre nails are incredibly pretty and so easy to do!
Basically all is needed is two colours, a white base then a clear top coat. Apply the white base, then once that has dried apply a few strips of each colour onto a sponge so the colours are side by side each other. Then dab the sponge onto your nails, it doesn't matter if it goes all over your fingers just use a cotton bud and nail varnish remover later. When you get the desired effect apply 1-2 coats of clear nail polish to make sure it stays in place for a few days and viola! Ombre nails ready to be shown off to everyone.

That's one way to keep you entertained if you find yourself short of things to do.
I hope they turn out alright for you as they did for me!

Katharine elisa x

3 comments:

  1. why thank you! Was feeling a love for all things ginger that day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ombre nails, I did a youtube vid on how to make those, so cute!!

    ruby
    xoxoxo

    rubyrubyrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete