Monday 1 July 2013

A little slice of vintage heaven!

Hello!! I know I have been very absent from the blogging world, I have been so busy recently with finishing my first year at university and recently getting another job, at Cath Kidston too which I am so thrilled about! But I have been doing a lot of planning and have many a blog post to come up on here and can't wait to share them with you.

I just couldn't wait to share this with everyone. I live in a small city called Sunderland, now at first I didn't think that much of it there was nothing for the creative types to do here and the shops were typical high street stores. Looks, however, can be deceiving al you have to do is look for the little treasures that hide within a city. This is what me and a friend did the other week, happened to stumble across a charity shop and inside it was absolutely blooming marvellous! 

As soon as you enter vintage galore, not your average charity shop no, no no. Having a place like this in Sunderland was amazing, but it wasn't the downstairs it was the upstairs that truly transformed the whole shop. It is a little slice of heaven, the charity is AgeUk and I was surprised usually Oxfam is the sort of charity to understand the need for vintage good not just with the younger generation but now the older too. 

When you walk up the narrow staircase you see a wall of mirrors, grand, all shapes and sizes which leads to a room filled with old SLR cameras and video equipment and photographers dream. Down the hall there were two rooms one set up as a 1920's-esque bedroom even with a mannequin on the bed! I had to get a photo of this....



You couldn't not have a bit of fun in this room! In the next room there were rails of clothes, big fur coats, tea dresses all glorious! Me and my friend were inspired we knew we had to come do a photoshoot here, so the next day that's exactly what we did, I wanted to share the photos with you so you can see just how wonderful this place actually is and if you're from Sunderland you need to go have a gander at it! Not only at all the wonderfully marvellous items but the fact you'll be helping a wonderful charity at the same time too.

And be sure to check out my friends blog http://helenalenny.blogspot.co.uk/ she's a pretty terrific photographer, I hope you like the photos! 





















2 comments:

  1. Woo! Great photos - where is this little gem hidden? :). I might have to visit when I'm next up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why thank you Ruth :) and it's just on the high street! By home bargains, you really should visit it's wonderful x

    ReplyDelete