Tuesday 5 February 2013

That Jamaican fever

Watching Cool Runnings always perks you up and every time I watch it I know I want their style. So bright, colourful and yes slightly in your face. But there's nothing wrong with that, it certainly brightens up my day wearing such vividly coloured clothes. In that film, their clothes I just want them. All of them.


It's the tie dyes that really does it, and recently they have made a comeback in fashion with stores having a multitude of colours on offer and many a folk creating their own tie dyes. Everyone knows creating a tie dye top is pretty simple, get the dye a plain t-shirt, wrap a whole heap of string around it, place it in the dye and boom you're pretty much done. But it's one thing to make a tie dye top, it's another thing to make one well. By that I just mean interesting, you don't want just any old top that every other person on the street has. Experiment, have fun with the process, add three, four or even more colours to the top, try different patterns, change the amount of string you have and the way you wrap it round then the creation you make will by completely original. 

Back in the summer I had a whack at tie dying several t-shirts, shorts, vest and even shoes! This is what I created


The shoes are my favourite and it was so easy to do as well. A plain pair of shoes from Primark, at £2.50 a bargain, then place a small amount of the powder into it with warm water shake then just spray, spray, spray. You will need to keep spraying the same area for a while to make sure the colour stays. After that then rinse it out and put in a new colour, do the same thing again and viola.


As it's nearing summer it's time have a go with tie dye and brighten up your wardrobe. And remember to experiment! Be creative with the designs, it may take a little longer but the end result will be worth it. Then you can be a happy chappy, like I was in the photo below, with your own multi-coloured masterpiece. 


2 comments:

  1. Love Cool Runnings and the tie dyed shoes look awesome! You have amazing hair!
    Chloe xx
    http://moonchild-chloe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the lovely comments :)! Cool Runnings is such a fantastic film, never fails to cheer you up. And thank you for following my blog, I've had a gander at yours and love it!

    katharine xx

    ReplyDelete